2 Critical Vulnerabilities found in WhatsApp, don’t forget to update2022-09-28         Follow @huaweinewos Tweet to @huaweinewos
WhatsApp shared an announcement that concerns all users. In the announcement, he announced that two critical vulnerabilities in WhatsApp were detected and fixed. Critical security vulnerabilities were closed with the new update. The vulnerability scored 9.8 and 7.8 out of 10, respectively, on the CVE scale.
WhatsApp vulnerabilities exist in versions v126.96.36.199 of both the Android and iOS apps of WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business. If you are still using v188.8.131.52, you need an urgent update.
- CVE-2022-36934: The vulnerability could allow third parties to make video calls on your behalf, according to WhatsApp’s statement.
- CVE-2022-27492: This vulnerability allowed malicious code to be integrated and run in videos sent to you.
To update from phone:
- Open the Settings page in WhatsApp.
- Click on the help page.
- Click on ‘Application information’.
- WhatsApp version will appear.