ICPC Training Camp powered by Huawei2021-02-01         Follow @huaweinewos Tweet to @huaweinewos
The ICPC Training Camp powered by Huawei is an international program initiated by the International Collegiate Programming Contest University Commons (ICPCU). It aims to provide an extended platform to support high-level programming training and innovation for college students who are passionate about programming and algorithms. Huawei’s support for the ICPC Training Camp continues in its commitment to open research platforms that are oriented to the future of information terminals, computing, and connectivity. Huawei is committed to create opportunity for the next generation of problem solvers as they explore challenging subject areas that advance science and technology and propel industry to meet the needs of tomorrow.
The Training Camp is the first international training program that supports participants during the entire period of their preparations for the upcoming competition season, with an innovative approach to training, as problems are being created and solved by participants from different parts of the world. The Camp begins with an online intensive program, followed by a series of monthly training activities and scrimmages, culminating in an intensive on-site training course. Problem solving techniques are carefully analyzed by the coaches and discussed in groups, creating a collaborative environment and enriching student’s problem solving techniques along with fostering teamwork. The ICPC Training Camp is free of charge for all registered participants courtesy of Huawei.
What will you learn?
We will bring together our global community of contestants, ICPC coaches and alumni, the industry and academia to share problem-solving strategies and insights as well as to strengthen programming skills and to get ready for the most advanced level competitions.
The Training camp kicks off a series of multi-regional training activities of the ICPC University Commons with the main goal of providing an open environment and continuous learning opportunities for existing competitors through the best academic and industry practices.
Training Camp problems are being rigorously prepared by the ICPC community membership, including coaches from the ICPC World Finals championship teams. Industrial challenge problems are developed by the leading Huawei experts in the area of AI, Wireless Technologies etc.
Several online activities will be organized in conjunction with ICPC NERC (Petrozavodsk State University, ITMO University) Training Camp to exchange knowledge, compete with current champions, and learn from world renowned coaches, including Andrey Stankevich (ITMO), Gennadiy Korotkevich (ITMO), Mikhail Tikhomirov (MIPT) in real-time! The on-site training camp in Shanghai will include coaches and representatives from Peking University, Tsinghua University, and Fudan University etc.
This year’s training program will also include an ICPC Challenge powered by Huawei. The Challenge problem is based on a real-world industrial topic, providing participants the opportunity to learn about cutting-edge technologies. Winners will receive remarkable prizes from the company.
How can i join?
Due to the current pandemic situation, the first phase of this training will occur online. This will be followed by a series of online monthly activities and scrimmages, culminating in an intensive invitation-only 5-day Shanghai ICPC training powered by Huawei in May 2021 (exact date will be communicated to you and your coach shortly, once the epidemiological situation is clear).
Eligibility: Invitation-only team competition, based on ICPC finalists for select championships in ICPC competitions.
ICPC University thanks Huawei for providing additional training and learning opportunities for all ICPC regions. We look forward to welcoming eligible participants to upcoming events!
Stay tuned for more information.
You will be able to join those activities online once your registration has been completed and approved.
REGISTRATION LINK AND DETAILS: http://bit.ly/ICPCShanghaiOnlineTrainingCamp
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Jan 25, 2020
- CJ Hwang – Texas State University Professor of Computer Science
- Wenxin Li – Peking University Professor of Computer Science
- Guojie Luo – Peking University Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Matvey Kazakov – Co-Founder & CTO of Orion SCM, Inc
Executive Director of ICPC in Northern Eurasia
- Roman Soshkin – Petrozavodsk State University Team Leader & Lecturer in Engineering Science
- Oleg Hristenko – Сhief Judge of Petrozavodsk Camp Technical Coordinator of Open Cup named after E.V. Pankratiev
- Guilei Xie – President of Huawei Central Software Institute
- Hong Zhou – President of Huawei European Research Institute
- Qingyang Dong – Director of Huawei Shanghai Research Center
- Ruyi Ji – Key Lab of High Confidence Software Technologies, Ministry of Education Department of Computer Science and Technology, EECS, Peking University
- Junhui Deng – Tsinghua University Professor of Computer Science
- Weiwei Sun – Fudan University Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Yong Yu – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Professor of Computer Science & Engineering
- Artem Vasilyev – JetBrains Researcher Judge of Moscow
- Mikhail Mirzayanov – Founder & CEO of Codeforces ICPC World Finals World Champion & Northern Eurasia Champion Coach
- Andrew Stankevich – ITMO University Associate Professor at Information Technology and Programming Faculty
- Etienne Vouga – The University of Texas at Austin Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Mikheev Vitaly – Huawei JVM Senior Expert
- Vladimir Rubanov – Huawei CTO for Software Engineering at Russian Research Institute
- Haibo Chen – Chief Scientist of Huawei OS Kernel
- Merouane Debbah – Director of the Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab, Huawei
- Xinyi Zhang – Huawei Software IDE Senior Expert
- Pinyan Lu – Chief Scientist of Huawei Theoretical Computers
- Jianjiang Ceng – Huawei Software and Hardware Collaborative Design Senior Expert
- Xiaobo Liu – Huawei CBG Cloud Service AI Algorithm Expert
- Qi Tian – Chief Scientist in the AI Field of HUAWEI CLOUD
- Miaofeng Wang – Huawei CBG Camera Algorithm Expert
Shanghai / Online
Phase 1: Online training & Training Contest with Petrozavodsk
Phase 2: Monthly online practice: March/April/May 2021
Phase 3: On-site training + Huawei Challenge: May 2021 (date tbc)
Jan 29-Feb 8, 2021
If you have any suggestions or questions regarding the training camp, please email@example.com
If you want to participate in more challenging topics advancing the industry, please firstname.lastname@example.org